Tuesday 4 March 2014

February reading

   I started off February determined to read 100 pages of fiction a day and I'm pleased to say I did it. I read seven and a half novels - I'm looking forward to finishing Hild this coming weekend - without feeling that I was merely consuming and managed some reviews too. I'm going to try to keep it up in March too. I'm really enjoying it.

   Less impressive is the effect it had on film viewing - only 17 movies, down from 37 in January (though this was, by any standards, a little excessive). It also impinged on other reading: I managed very little history, film theory or politics.  
   How do people do it? I read blogs where people read well over 100 novels a year, write loads of thoughtful reviews, whilst seemingly having jobs and a rewarding home life. Advice please! I need more hours in the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment